So just how worried should I be about the economy right now? All anyone can talk about is the "current economic environment" and how we're all in trouble. I've even started to wonder how secure my own job is... Not that I've been given any reason to believe that it's in trouble, but you do start to wonder when everywhere you turn there's concern about the economy. I have been fortunate in my chosen profession as it is generally not hard to find work. But I guess all bets are off in a new country. It's kind of too bad, really, because it makes me hesitant to spend any money on traveling, etc, in case I end up needing savings to fall back on. It seems really unfortunate that now as we have embarked on this new adventure, instead we need to save our pennies and not enjoy it. Excellent timing...
And speaking of economic downturns, it was announced today that Zoom airlines have abruptly gone out of business. The major way this affects me is that the Singer and Serdic were booked to fly on Zoom in 2 weeks - but fortunately they were able to rebook with Air Canada, and are assured that they will get a refund from Zoom. If you were reading my blog a few months ago, you will know that Noise, Buggy and I also flew over on Zoom, and I am eternally grateful that they didn't go bankrupt and strand us at the airport with our dog! We've still got a couple of years before we worry about how to get Buggy home again.
And speaking of home, I had a client ask me today which part of Canada I'm from!! She claims that she didn't see my maple leaf pin and that she pegged me from my accent. Yay! I wanted to give her a prize!
I am working this weekend, and have to admit that I am 100% NOT looking forward to it. But then I am off for a week so surely I can survive a couple of days! I wouldn't say that I'm feeling depressed or anything, but I am a bit lonely now that the PetParents have gone home and Noise is out of town, so it will be really nice to head off to Ireland and have a bit of a break. And then it will be time for the next visitors! Also, a good friend from Ottawa told me yesterday that she is coming to London in October, so more to look forward to!
Today I took the vespa to work, so I could come home at lunch and take Buggy out. What a treat to come home, have lunch, and take him for a run in the park in the middle of the day! I am doing the same tomorrow as we don't know for sure how late Noise will be in getting home, but Saturday I will be back on the tube.
That's all for now! Later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment