We've officially started packing - I feel better now. I was getting itchy knowing how much needed to be packed and not having started yet. We packed up all the photo albums, CDs, DVDs, and of course the crystal glasses. Next comes the china.
Today was a bit sad when I realized that I only have a few shifts left at one of my clinics. For those of you who don't know, I work between two clinics, one of which I have worked at for two years now (so I think of it as my "home clinic"). I only have six shifts left there, spread out over the next 6 weeks. Today I packed up a box with all my textbooks and notes that I have kept there, as they will go into the pile for the shippers to pack up and send off to England. It definitely felt wrong to be moving out already!
On a brighter note, I received word today that my application had arrived at the RCVS and everything was in order, so now I have an appointment on June 6 to register in person!
I was at the grocery store today and picked up something with an expiry date of June 4, which really threw me off because I realized that by the time the turkey bites expired we would be living in London. Crazy...
We have made the decision now that we will be boarding Buggy for the first week or two when we arrive in London. It is too expensive to get temporary accomodations that allow a dog, plus it would be more stressful to be exploring London at first and worrying about getting home to let him out and how he was settling in. On the other hand, I will not relax until he is in the country and I know he made it through the flight and through immigration and so on. This way we'll know right away that he's in and there won't be any need for further flight scheduling, and he can have a relaxing vacation in the English countryside until he can come settle in at our new place. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself.
I'll be back when I have more updates!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment