I have a few little tidbits to share today, nothing extremely exciting but the point was the great AND the small, right?
To start, it looks like Noise has found someone to take over the lease on his car. We're not celebrating until it's actually done, but this was one of our biggest remaining stresses and was coming down to the wire. In order to unload the car otherwise was going to cost big bucks, so we're very pleased with this development. It's not free, of course, he did offer a cash incentive to make his car more appealing than others like it, but it's still less than the alternatives. We plan on simply returning my car which only has a few months left on the lease in any case, so we will just pay out the last payments but have it off our hands. So good news! But we'll keep it cool until all is signed and done.
Secondly, our UK bank cards and credit cards arrived this week! So fun! It looks like we'll need to go into the branch to activate them once we arrive, which is too bad as I had visions of arriving in London with working bank cards, but at least we have them in our possession. Besides, there's no money in that account yet anyway. ;) And I think we can activate the credit cards by phone, so it would be especially helpful to have them working when we arrive, in order to avoid the big exchange fee if we have to use our Canadian card there.
We're definitely into the final preparations now! And the goodbyes are starting as well. Tonight I have plans with some good friends from work to go out for drinks, and I wouldn't be surprised if a few tears are shed (on my end, that is). I will miss these girls so much! And next weekend we're attending a friend's wedding in Toronto which will be a mini reunion of my vet school friends, and a chance to see them before we go. And I don't want to talk about how much time I have left to spend with my family.
On a brighter note - Noise asked me last night where in England I wanted to visit first as a mini-trip out of London. Any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Go to the lake district! I loved it there when I was a kid. Or if you really want a trip - go up to the yorkshire dales to Thirsk and you can see the clinic where James Herriot worked. You can also visit the town where Skeldale house and the drovers arm pub is that they used in the tv show all creatures great and small :) Brighton is always good too if you want a beach town.
Of course, you could always take the train to Paris....... :)
Post a Comment