Friday, June 6, 2008

PetDoc, MRCVS

I'm in! I went today and registered with the RCVS (Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons) and swore the oath and so on. So now I'm in and legally entitled to practice veterinary medicine in the UK. Yay for me! Now I can use the letters MRCVS (member of RCVS) after my name.

No other real news today. We are all set for a move-in tomorrow at the new flat, although I am still paranoid that something will happen and things will fall through. You have to jump through a lot of hoops here to rent a flat, can you imagine what it would be like to try and get a mortgage? Anyway, once we're all moved in I will post some photos of the flat. We also have a rental car booked to drive down to Surrey and pick up Buggy!

Today we traveled out to Wimbledon as Noise hadn't had a chance to check it out yet. We considered for a long time living in Wimbledon, but decided it would be too far for Noise to commute in to the city for work. So we walked around the Broadway and poked in a few shops, and then I popped in to the clinic where I had an interview earlier this week (to drop off a reference letter), and had a nice chat with the owner there. Things look somewhat promising there! Keep your fingers crossed. I also picked up a bag of food for Buggy so he won't go hungry once we get him back!

Interesting news this week, during the excavation for the 2012 Olympic site they found an unexploded WWII bomb in a river. Today in particular the tube was disrupted while they carried out a controlled explosion. We don't get much of that in Canada....

Tonight I think we're going to head out and find ourselves a nice spot in a pub for the evening. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about your adventures, PetDoc - glad to hear you and company made it through to England. Hope your job interview works out, and you get your flat! Sounds like quite the experience. Nothing much new over here, just enjoying having time to work on things around the new house, now that I have no more exams to study for ; ). And I've joined a soccer league, which will hopefully help in getting me back into shape!

Talk to you soon!
BJ