We had a big day planned yesterday - our new Sky satellite dish was being installed, which would allow us to get a sorts of channels. I was particularly excited to get Eurosport, and Noise was looking forward to watching the Ryder Cup this weekend. We had previously discussed this with our landlords who were fine with us getting a dish put up. However, the engineers arrived yesterday and discovered that the building across the street blocks the signal so the only way to put up a dish would be to put it higher on the building. Of course we couldn't commit to this without getting more input, as that would mean putting it on the outside of someone else's flat, or on the roof. So off went the Sky engineers, and off went an email to our landlord, and after some checking and chatting and so on the answer came back - our building has recently been declared "historic" because it backs onto the Queen's Club (except it doesn't - it backs onto the parking lot of an apartment building) and the rule has recently been passed that no new satellite dishes can be installed! So it's a good thing that they weren't able to put it up after all. The only way we can now get Sky TV is if our neighbour two floors above us who has a grandfathered dish switches over to Sky and they can run a line from her dish to our flat. She tells us she is planning to switch, so we may still get it. But not in time for the Ryder Cup this weekend. ;) So there went my plans of lounging on the couch on my day off with hundreds of channels to choose from!
Next week I'm off to Redditch for a two-day ultrasound course, along with my friend and colleague AT. We're taking the train Tuesday night and coming back Thursday night. We're quite looking forward to getting away for a couple of days, and the little town where the course is taking place (called Studley) has the highest number of pubs per square foot or something, so I'm sure we'll find something to occupy us in the evenings!
The Singer and Serdic are in Edinburgh at the moment, they return tomorrow night. I hope the weather there is as lovely as it is here today! They'll be heading home on Saturday, and that's the last of our houseguests for awhile. But the PetParents have booked their next flight to come over after Christmas, so I can look forward to that next!
Anyway, I'm just home for lunch to take Buggy out. Noise is working long hours this week - part of his job is to handle companies that have gone bankrupt and a big one went bust this week which is keeping him occupied. So I took the scooter to work so I could pop home for Buggy. We had a nice walk in the park as it's a sunny afternoon and now I must return to work!
Later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment