I expect by now all my readers have given up on me. I figured I had better post an update today because I was perilously close to having gone an entire month without a new post.
Therein lies the problem... I have nothing to say. To all intents and purposes it has been a fairly quiet month. No earth-shattering news to share or even any insightful comments. It seems that everyone else has interesting things going on, but for me it's just wake up in the morning, go to work, come home and go to bed.
That said, since my last post I did have a wonderful visit from PetMom, Aunt C, and Dadamom. It was so great to have them here and have some free time to visit with them. On one of my days off while they were here I went with them to visit Leeds Castle in Kent, which was a very nice outing. An excellent day trip from London if anyone is looking for one!
Noise has been a much busier bee. He has been to Scotland twice this month - once to Glasgow to watch the Open Championship at Turnberry, and then to St Andrew's for a few days of golfing heaven with his friend E, over from Canada for the occasion. They had a wonderful time, and another goal has been crossed off Noise's list. :) Today he is flying to Copenhagen for work - how annoying for me! We have a long weekend coming up and had debated going to Copenhagen, but now I'm glad we didn't. Instead we are spending 4 days in the Scottish highlands - around Loch Ness, Loch Lomond, and then to Edinburgh. Here's hoping it doesn't pour rain the entire time! It should be good fun and I am really looking forward to it. We've booked two nights at country inns in the highlands, and one night in Edinburgh at the Hilton - booked on hotwire for cheap. Gotta love hotwire.
Mostly consuming my mind at this time is the debate over what happens next. Now that we are into our second year here in London, it will soon be time to decide where we will go next and start making plans to that effect. Basically, do we stay here another year, go somewhere else, or return home. It was so easy when we decided to come here - not that the decision to leave home was easy, but we only ever really considered London if we decided to go anywhere. But now it's harder. Do we go somewhere in Europe for a year? Stay in London? Home to Ottawa? Or somewhere else in Canada? I'm pushing for the Cayman Islands, would anyone visit me there?
So there you have it - my August update. I'll try to post more often, but for now I want to send a shout out to the Singer and also to Dadamom for their birthdays later this week! Wish I was there!
Watch this space, only 10 days until we head on our Scottish adventure, and it's only 5 weeks and 2 days until I am flying to CANADA!!! Cottage cheese, here I come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment